Glossier. Over the weekend I stopped by the Glossier Showroom in NYC & picked up two of their lip colors: Jam & Crush. The store is as simply elegant as the rest of their campaign. I love these lipsticks because the color adapts to your own pigment, so each color looks different on every person. It has a creamier feel to it but appears matte after application. The lipstick itself appears more natural than a lot of other lipsticks I own, which is great when going for a less “done-up” look. I also cannot wait to try their other products!
This week, for the first time, I dropped into Pink Soda, a great new blowout bar & full beauty salon in Stamford. I got their signature blowout which took only 45 minutes & lasted the whole weekend! Highly recommend.
It’s no secret I love a good sweet treat. I contacted Hayleycakes and Cookies for these incredible Beyonce themed bachelorette cookies. Just following their Instagram makes me want to become a baker- though I could never even fathom having that much icing talent. Spoiler alert: the cookies taste even better than they look.
Happy Thursday! For those of you who may have stumbled upon this post, hi! Most Thursdays I like the share the highlights of my week- three for alliteration’s sake. Think of it as your parent’s asking the highlight of your day at the dinner table. Feel free to comment with your week’s highlights!
Wedding planning! We have officially set a date & booked a venue which means the real fun can begin! We couldn’t be happier to be getting married in our home state & favorite city, Cleveland, in September 2018!
Did you watch the eclipse this week? I watched from work where we could see it… but didn’t see too much of a change. Here are some awesome shots people captured during in totality zones.
// shoes //
fall foot fashion. I know we’re not even into September yet but every fall I always end up splurging on vests, new jeans, cozy sweaters etc and always forget about my feet. I love these mules for a great transition shoe into autumn & they’re available in a myriad of colors for every wardrobe.
To be quite honest, today is my Friday as tomorrow I’m heading south to celebrate my cousin and her fiancée’s wedding. Very exciting.
My first thrill this week is an INCREDIBLE event I attended at M.C. Hair: absolute favorite salon, ever. The salon hosted an event with THE Wendy Iles. If you’re unsure of the name, all it takes is a quick Google to see that you’ve probably ooh’ed and ahh’ed over hair she’s styled (cough cough Heidi Klum!) She was so fabulous and as always, M.C. Hair really knows how to throw a party. Here are a few photos from the event:
My second thrill is an article in Vanity Fair about hostess gifts. Recently, I showed up to a friend’s poolside soirée with freshly made guacamole and was greeted by guests who couldn’t believe I brought a “gift.” Isn’t it standard etiquette to show up with a little something? This gift guide will help you pick the right gift for the right occasion.
My final thrill this week is Ariana Grande’s appearance on Jimmy Fallon. I love to hate her but her impressions are pretty incredible.
Looking forward to being back in action!
Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope everyone’s been having a lovely week.
1. With the Superbowl this weekend, I only feel that it’s appropriate that I share this NFL Bad Lip Reading. Have you ever wondered what those player are saying down on the field? Well now you know… maybe..
2. Secondly, this week I wrapped up doing a bridal spread for a magazine here in Cleveland. I spent the last two weeks researching and styling all things bridal.. from gowns to rings and 2015’s trendiest colors. Needless to say, not a torturous task at all. I’ll keep you updated when we head to print but for now here’s a glimpse of the mess that is working on a deadline.
Don’t forget to enter the Belvoir Handmade giveaway from yesterday’s post! Click here for how to enter. The winner will be announced on Monday!
My first thrill this week is this song from DJ Earworm. Ever since college, my roommate and I would anxiously wait for DJ Earworm to sum up our entire year via music and would listen to it nonstop. We turned a lot of people onto that song because we listened to it all–the–time! Yesterday I saw it trending on Facebook! Ladies and gentlemen, he’s done it again!
My second thrill this week were these beautiful blooms I received on my first day at my new job thanks to my very thoughtful parents.
My third and final thrill this week is of course. Jimmy. By now, you all know my love for Jimmy Fallon. He’s been named Entertainer of the Year (deservingly so!) and he and his wife, Nancy, welcomed their second daughter, Franny, into the world yesterday. In the spirit of the recent holiday and a good mashup, here’s Rashida and Jimmy. (ps. when can my mediocre singing /lyrical genius self be featured on Jimmy?!)
That’s all for today! Until next time..
1. If you haven’t seen this kiddo, you’re “apparently” the only one. I can’t help it I’m a softy when it comes to a cute ginger.
2. Last evening I had the pleasure of attending a fun event at M.C. Hair with my best friend, Alex. They had express manicures, hair stylists, wine tasting, amazing pieces from Noto Boutique and more. Who could say no to manis and a hair touchup? Not to mention the wine and shopping?! I loved the way my hair turned out, my stylist did some beautiful curls. I immediately booked an appointment for a cut in a few weeks, hey, I’ll need it! I didn’t snap many photos however check in at Mimosa Saturday within the next few days for some beautiful photos from the event. Alex is a whiz with her new camera! And how could we say no to some post-pampering girl talk at Burntwood Tavern?
3. Lastly, check out the 9 summer beauty foods. Some of these I can’t get enough of in the summer but a few I never would have thought about.. Definitely worth a quick scan! Thanks Well & Good!
It’s almost the weekend, friends! Only one more day!
1. I watched this clip over the weekend and haven’t stopped giggling since. I used to think I was the only person who finds the idea of Tinder completely creepy but now I can rest assured that Conan and Dave Franco agree with me.
2. Late last week I had the pleasure of having dinner with a dear family friend at Chez Francois in Vermillion. Not only is the food exquisite, the view is as well. I splurged on the most delicious and decadent lobster ravioli which cannot be described in words. I’m still kicking myself for not taking a photo (#bloggerlife) because it was almost too pretty to eat (…almost).
3. Last week I was lucky enough to win a giveaway from one of my favorite blogs: The Sorority Secrets. They did an awesome contest with Cate McNabb cosmetics and I won a lip lacquer in “cherry bomb.” I’ve been so used to wearing matte lips that the red shiny gloss was a welcomed change and pleasant pop. Check out Sorority Secrets- they have great posts from beauty and decor to playlists and more. (I really didn’t even mean to make that rhyme, I swear!)