Happy Thursday & Happy February! January felt like a very. long. month. Anyone else already planning their weekend? Sharing a few things from my week if you need a little pre-weekend pick-me-up.
in havana, one of my fav trips!
People often ask me how I’m able to travel as much as I do (if I could do it for a living, I would!) but really, I just try to maximize vacation time & keep my eyes peeled for flight deals! I love these helpful hints on Cupcakes & Cashmere for those of us who work full time but still want to maximize our vacas! Another two tips I’d add if you travel often for work, first of all, bank ALL your airline miles. If you end up flying an airline you don’t currently have a mileage account for, sign up! Secondly, if you’re traveling for work, ask if it’s okay to extend your trip, or fly out early! It’s a great way to spend some time in a new city.
Okay, I posted this picture on Insta a few days ago but the biggest notable tidbit here are these lips. On a whim, I picked up a small tin of three shades of Nudestix in the Sephora checkout line (that always gets me.) I’m not kidding you when I say I LOVE the way it wears. Definitely looks like a matte but is very hydrating plus, I went the whole day (lunch & some snacks + tea) with only one minor touchup! I am loving the colors and if you don’t want to order directly from their site, you can find limited color at Ulta or Sephora. If you’re loving the red I’m wearing in this pic, it’s “royal.”
I’m currently working one of these books within this list but if you’re anything like me you love to read the book before it becomes a movie. Here are the books you’re going to want to read before their movies come out this year!
It’s Friday eve, friends. Do you have all your holiday shopping done? Hard to believe next Thursday is Christmas! I’m anxiously awaiting some packages to land on my doorstep so they can be wrapped and placed under the tree.
My first thrill this week is a new cocktail I tried this weekend at Velvet Tango Room: A peach shrub. A shrub is a mix of fruit, sugar and surprisingly vinegar. It captures the freshest taste of peach. Think of a fresh bellini with a very slight zing. If you haven’t tried shrubs or VTR, I highly suggest you do so soon. Great atmosphere, live jazz and great cocktails.
My second thrill comes from the upcoming thought that starts to linger in my head around this time of year. What will my new year’s resolution be? This article about becoming a more compelling person may trigger some good thoughts.
Finally, this video. I can’t pretend I maybe didn’t shed a tiny tear while watching this. I have been wanting a puppy so badly and I think these reactions are considered mild compared to what would happen if a puppy was under the tree this Christmas. Thanks, Huffington Post!
Happy Thursday! Today I’m posting 3 thrills in the forms of videos and vines. If you’re feeling a little “meh” on this very chilly day, these thrills should give you a good giggle.
1. This video of Kevin Spacey doing the Wheel of Impressions on Fallon..kills me
2. Overload of cute.
3. These vines cracked me up. Particularly the kid who shockingly chirps “Jesus Christ!!” Haha
Have a great day!
1. As the holidays approach, everyone becomes filled with joy…but it’s the bank accounts that become empty . This article from The Everygirl gives us 5 Simple Ways to Save over the Holidays.
2. Daniel Radcliffe shows off his rap skills on Jimmy Fallon.
3. Lately, I’ve been admiring Alex’s newest hobby of calligraphy- she’s getting so good. I have never been the biggest fan of my own handwriting and the same goes for any attempts at calligraphy of my own. I saw these spooky calligraphy photos over at The Glitter Guide and had to share!
Are you guys ready for halloween? Since we’re too old to trick or treat, I’ll be making a few treats of my own this weekend to share with friends. Stop back tomorrow for an amazing galette recipe that will leave your guests thinking you’re a pro.
[Image via The Everygirl]
1. I love this article about choosing the right cocktail glasses for each cocktail. Admittedly my bar is heavier on the alcohol side as opposed to proper glassware so this article really helps distinguish what I still need! P.S. I am now obsessed with this website!
2. The Glitter Guide’s 10 Grilled Cheese Recipes for Fall. YUM!
3. STINGTONES! Plus, anyone who gets my voicemail, be expecting that song. Not by Sting, by me. You’re welcome.
[Image by Jillian Evelyn]
Whew! What a week! This week has been a whirlwind and it’s only picking up speed into the weekend.
Here are my three thrills for this week:
1. This kid is apparently still my favorite internet sensation. His appearance on Ellen is seriously the best.
2. Sex and the City has been dishing up relationship advice for years- as far as relationships, it’s all you need to know. Yesterday, one of my besties sent me this buzzfeed about 50 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Sex and the City. I mean really, if SJP couldn’t be any more fabulous… 3 million an episode!?
3. I’ll finish with the best news…EVER! Researchers have found that drinking a glass of wine is better than going to the gym. Let that sink in a moment. Drinking wine is better than going to the gym.
And with that… Cheers!
[Image via Pinterest]
I don’t know if it’s felt like this for you, but this week has moved at a glacial pace. I am so thankful it’s Thursday and we have a long weekend ahead of us!!
My three thrills for this week are from three blogs I frequent:
1. Glitter Guide’s Guide to Champagne Glasses. It’s no secret I love bubbly and Glitter Guide has some cute and affordable way to serve it!
2. Top 10 Time-Saving Beauty Hacks from The Sorority Secrets are perfect for this busy time of year. These tips are guaranteed to get you out the door in half the time.
3. Southern Curls and Pearl’s tips on How To Take a Good Instagram Photo. Hmm.. I think I may need to invest in a bounce. I love following her Instagram, she really does take great photos!