Has anyone else been thrown off all week? I woke up Tuesday morning, thinking it was Wednesday & my days have been mixed up ever since. But we’re here! Thursday! Finally.
Tuesday night I took a calligraphy class with the very talented Crafted by Anamarie. I have always loved calligraphy & thought it would be a fun girls night. Anamarie is so talented & incredibly helpful throughout the entire class. While I have a lot of practicing ahead of me, the letters are starting to build muscle memory, so here’s to hoping for a lot of lovely lettering in the next year! She also teaches chalkboard lettering classes as well. You can catch her in NYC or Stamford. Sign up here, you won’t regret it.
I think part of my day-of-the-week mix up can be attributed to not getting a great night of sleep. Sleep is such an important factor regarding our health & wellbeing but let’s face it, sometimes eight hours just can’t happen. Here are ways to make it through those long days after a bad night’s sleep.
Truth be told, the saying of “A Sunday Well Spent, Brings A Week of Content” really hits home for me. I love nothing more on Sundays to be in the kitchen, cooking, prepping food for the week or (embarrassingly enough) reorganizing the cabinets. It brings me a sense of solace. While I plan meals for the week, Sunday’s meal is usually a game time decision. Ravaging through odds & ends of what’s leftover married to a few of my kitchen staples. This week, we ended up with quite a delicious pizza. Plum & Prosciutto. I’m sharing the recipe (I use that term loosely as I admittedly never measure anything) below.
Plum & Prosciutto Pizza
What You’ll Need:
Stonefire Naan Bread
3 Plums (I used three smaller, European plums)
(teeny bit of) Balsamic Glaze (I made my own, but this one is great to keep in your cupboard)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place naan bread onto baking sheet and add sliced mozzarella onto naan. If you don’t have access to fresh mozzarella, shredded would work, too. Grate some gruyere over top of the mozz and place in the oven for the cheese to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and add quartered or halved plums (depending on size) as well as a few slices of prosciutto. Place back in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cheese is nice & melted, remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with balsamic glaze. Add arugula to the top of the ‘za and…
Glossier. Over the weekend I stopped by the Glossier Showroom in NYC & picked up two of their lip colors: Jam & Crush. The store is as simply elegant as the rest of their campaign. I love these lipsticks because the color adapts to your own pigment, so each color looks different on every person. It has a creamier feel to it but appears matte after application. The lipstick itself appears more natural than a lot of other lipsticks I own, which is great when going for a less “done-up” look. I also cannot wait to try their other products!
This week, for the first time, I dropped into Pink Soda, a great new blowout bar & full beauty salon in Stamford. I got their signature blowout which took only 45 minutes & lasted the whole weekend! Highly recommend.
It’s no secret I love a good sweet treat. I contacted Hayleycakes and Cookies for these incredible Beyonce themed bachelorette cookies. Just following their Instagram makes me want to become a baker- though I could never even fathom having that much icing talent. Spoiler alert: the cookies taste even better than they look.
Good morning & happy Friday, everyone! I’ve been getting a lot of messages regarding the recent style posts I’ve been posting on Instagram. Would you guys be interested in seeing more style posts? I’ve always shied away from consistent style posts because I truly am a little camera shy but love sharing, especially when it comes to clothes & accessories.
button up // pants (on sale!) // backpack // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
palm babydoll top** // jeans
**more palm print perfection here
This is by far the most requested outfit. I wore this ensemble to Dave’s brother’s wedding a few weekends ago. A chic alternative to a dress & so comfortable to dance the night away. I love this outfit so much that you may see it reappear in some of our engagement photos.
top // skirt // heels (on sale) // vintage clutch (similar here) // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
button up // jeans // heels // bag // sunnies // lipstick is Mac Red
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready for the weekend, which, thankfully, for me began last evening! This morning I flew to Chicago to celebrate one of my very best friend’s bachelorette. We have a fun filled weekend planned which I’ll be sharing upon my return. As always, feel free to follow along via the gram!
Palm OTS Top
Happy Monday! I can’t believe we’re just two weeks out from September! Summer is beginning to wind down and before I begin to cling to my new fall clothes, I want to give all my summer clothes the life they deserve. It’s no secret that palm print has been hot this summer but I still cannot get enough. These six perfect palm pieces are a fabulous way to close summer & won’t break your bank.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
Earring wise, you could say I’m a minimalist. Due to bad piercing job (thanks Claire’s — circa 1999), I’ve pretty much stuck to studs my whole life. You could also say I have major earring FOMO. I’m always gifting statement earrings mostly because I can’t buy them for myself!
This weekend I found these fun (and very light) earrings which are perfect for summer and I’m linking a few other pairs that I’m dying for you to buy because… those who can’t wear… share!
May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short! xo
If you’ve been following along on my Instagram lately, you’ll notice that life’s been a little crazy for me. I’ve been working long hours on a big project at work but finally took a break to take a much needed vacation to Cuba! I will say it was one of the most incredible countries I’ve had the pleasure of visiting. The people, culture and country are so breathtaking. I’ll be posting a travel guide next week because I want to share all the amazing places I’ve visited and honestly, how easy it was to travel there.
Growing up a dancer, I couldn’t wait to salsa in Cuba.
Little did I know, I’d be dancing until the sun came up…
This Lulu’s dress was so much fun on the dance floor, the way it moved was as rhythmic as the music itself and the color is my absolute favorite shade of red.
Can’t wait to share so much more of my trip with you all next week. Have a great weekend!
Hi dolls! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I spent mine in Clemson, SC tailgating and cheering on the tigers to victory. Have y’all ever tailgated in the south? It’s fantastic – they pull out all the stops, not to mention their team spirit is unrivaled.
Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorite skincare must-haves. I get a lot of questions on this topic so I wanted to share a few items I always keep stocked in my bathroom drawer. This particular list includes easily accessible products that won’t break your bank. Though I thoroughly believe there are a few products one should splurge on- these are sure to give you zero buyers remorse.
*Products listed in a clockwise manner and are available at either Target or Sephora
- Neutrogena Make Up Wipes – I love traveling with these! Perfect for removing eye makeup remnants after you’ve washed your face. Or if you can’t wash your face at all.
- EOS Shaving Cream – The lavender jasmine scent is heavenly and this thicker cream won’t dry out your legs and leaves your skin silky smooth.
- Aveda Green Science Eye Firming Creme – you won’t have to worry about lines with this eye firming creme AND you don’t have to worry about avoiding your eye lids- contrary to most eye creams, it won’t darken your skin!
- Frank’s Body Scrub/ Lip Scrub – I know I’ve mentioned Frank’s before but this staple is always in my drawer. I don’t use it all the time but my skin is noticeably softer when I do. The lip scrub is perfect especially when you want to wear a statement lipstick.. you have no time for dry skin.
- OGX Biotin & Collagen conditioner – Okay, this isn’t skincare but I felt it was important enough to include. It’s so important to give your hair a break. When I’m not drying/ curling/ straightening, I use a good amount of this on my hair and let it breathe. Feels like silk.
- Clarisonic Mia – this is the most expensive item on this list but at $100, I feel it’s essential- I use it every day! The first time you use it, you’ll understand why I’m so obsessed. My skin has never felt cleaner. It’s gross to think about but there’s a lot of dirt that normal face washing doesn’t remove. Trust me on this. If you don’t already have one- stick it on your Christmas list.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub – this is my favorite cleanser/ scrub to use with my Clarisonic. This scrub is a gentle exfoliator sure to remove any dry skin without leaving your skin raw.
- Sugar Lip Polish from Fresh – another great lip scrub and if you’re not a coffee fan, choose this one over Frank’s
- Burt’s Bees – I swear by this lip balm. I always have a tube in my purse, on my nightstand, etc.
- Sephora Eye Masks – these masks are ideal for early mornings after a late night. When you’re feeling puffy and have dark circles, these masks will leave you looking like you’ve had a full night of beauty rest
- Glam Glow – move over Biore Strips, Glam Glow is the new kid in town. This mask dries to visibly show vacuumed spots and once you feel it off- say goodbye to any impurities!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – yes, my moisturizer is from the drug store but I love it! I have used this for years and my combination skin never feels too dry or oily.
What are some of your must-have products?
Just as a little heads up, I’m currently in the process of giving the blog a bit of makeover! I can’t wait launch- stay tuned 🙂