Friday eve, thankfully here again! Last week totally kicked my butt and this week has been just as busy but I’m feeling energized, inspired and ready for the weekend!
This weekend I’m attending Suds of the Season, which is a fun beer festival with tons of breweries and food trucks participating. The best part? PUPPIES! The event charity is Educated Canines Assisting with Disabilities, and they’ll have plenty of sweet pups there to pet in between sips. What a perfect way to unwind from the week! Hop on over to my instagram story to see how to get discounted tickets!
I have been enamored with two books the past few weeks. First is by one of my all time fav food bloggers Jessica Merchant at How Sweet Eats. I’ve been following her for years and not a day goes by that I don’t want to jump through my screen and into her pictures. Her new cookbook, The Pretty Dish, has, of course, incredible recipes plus a ton of beauty DIY projects. Even if you never cooked one dish, the food photography alone will have you running to the grocery store.
The second book is one that greatly resonates with me. Many of the greatest chefs will say that cooking is a way of showing admiration to those you love. A gift. It’s so much more than feeding someone’s belly. Food Gift Love is my newest obsession for those little hostess our housewarming gifts
The hype behind Summer Fridays is real and I can’t keep my hands off of it (as you can see from the condition of my fairly new tube!) Totally clean ingredients created by two awesome women. My favorite part? You can use it around your eyes without fear! Your skin will be thanking you!
Hi dolls! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I spent mine in Clemson, SC tailgating and cheering on the tigers to victory. Have y’all ever tailgated in the south? It’s fantastic – they pull out all the stops, not to mention their team spirit is unrivaled.
Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorite skincare must-haves. I get a lot of questions on this topic so I wanted to share a few items I always keep stocked in my bathroom drawer. This particular list includes easily accessible products that won’t break your bank. Though I thoroughly believe there are a few products one should splurge on- these are sure to give you zero buyers remorse.
*Products listed in a clockwise manner and are available at either Target or Sephora
- Neutrogena Make Up Wipes – I love traveling with these! Perfect for removing eye makeup remnants after you’ve washed your face. Or if you can’t wash your face at all.
- EOS Shaving Cream – The lavender jasmine scent is heavenly and this thicker cream won’t dry out your legs and leaves your skin silky smooth.
- Aveda Green Science Eye Firming Creme – you won’t have to worry about lines with this eye firming creme AND you don’t have to worry about avoiding your eye lids- contrary to most eye creams, it won’t darken your skin!
- Frank’s Body Scrub/ Lip Scrub – I know I’ve mentioned Frank’s before but this staple is always in my drawer. I don’t use it all the time but my skin is noticeably softer when I do. The lip scrub is perfect especially when you want to wear a statement lipstick.. you have no time for dry skin.
- OGX Biotin & Collagen conditioner – Okay, this isn’t skincare but I felt it was important enough to include. It’s so important to give your hair a break. When I’m not drying/ curling/ straightening, I use a good amount of this on my hair and let it breathe. Feels like silk.
- Clarisonic Mia – this is the most expensive item on this list but at $100, I feel it’s essential- I use it every day! The first time you use it, you’ll understand why I’m so obsessed. My skin has never felt cleaner. It’s gross to think about but there’s a lot of dirt that normal face washing doesn’t remove. Trust me on this. If you don’t already have one- stick it on your Christmas list.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub – this is my favorite cleanser/ scrub to use with my Clarisonic. This scrub is a gentle exfoliator sure to remove any dry skin without leaving your skin raw.
- Sugar Lip Polish from Fresh – another great lip scrub and if you’re not a coffee fan, choose this one over Frank’s
- Burt’s Bees – I swear by this lip balm. I always have a tube in my purse, on my nightstand, etc.
- Sephora Eye Masks – these masks are ideal for early mornings after a late night. When you’re feeling puffy and have dark circles, these masks will leave you looking like you’ve had a full night of beauty rest
- Glam Glow – move over Biore Strips, Glam Glow is the new kid in town. This mask dries to visibly show vacuumed spots and once you feel it off- say goodbye to any impurities!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – yes, my moisturizer is from the drug store but I love it! I have used this for years and my combination skin never feels too dry or oily.
What are some of your must-have products?
Just as a little heads up, I’m currently in the process of giving the blog a bit of makeover! I can’t wait launch- stay tuned 🙂
Happy Monday, babes!
Did you all have good weekends? Mine was very relaxing and I’m looking forward to a ski trip this coming weekend in New York. I wanted to share a product with all of you that I tried out yesterday… it’s also my newest obsession: Frank Body Coffee Scrub.
I tried out the original coffee body scrub and lip scrub and my skin has been rejoicing ever since. I have to admit, I don’t drink coffee or really even enjoy the smell but the scrub scent isn’t overpowering. After you rinse off in the shower, apply the scrub onto your skin. As with all exfoliants, you can scrub as hard or as soft as you like. Once rubbed on, let the scrub sit for 10 minutes or so and rinse. Depending on your skin type, you may want to rinse with a light body wash. The coffee gives off a beautiful glow and leaves your skin silky smooth. I can’t say enough good things about this scrub and at $15 it’s an amazing deal.
Alright babes, that’s all for today. May your Monday be short & your coffee be strong!
Happy Thursday, friends! Sorry I’ve been so MIA this week, I came down with a little bug which wiped me out for a day or two… BUT I’m too excited for the weekend so I refuse to not be 100% any longer.
First of all, I’ve said before how much I enjoy Cupcakes & Cashmere, it was the first blog I started following in college. Yesterday, a skin care specialist gave C&C 5 Common Skin Mistakes and how we can fix them!
Secondly, while I’ve been nestled on the couch, getting some R&R, I’ve logged some TV time. I kept seeing trailers for Red Band Society (which looks good) and the song from it has been stuck in my head all week.
Finally, I was so excited to see The Everygirl publish this article on: LEGGINGS (heart eyes!) In summer, I live in dresses and skirts so by the time fall rolls around, I find jeans stiff and totally unappealing. I know, I know. There are probably people reading this saying “leggings aren’t pants, Anna” but if people can break the rules and wear white after labor day then I’m making the push for leggings.
[Image via The Everygirl]
What are some of my skincare secrets? This week, it’s something old and something new.
A match made in heaven!
I have sworn by my Clarisonic for years. It gets deep into pores to remove dirt, decreases the size of pores and leaves my skin radiant. When I first got my miracle machine, it came with cleanser but when it ran out I was on a mission to find a drugstore replacement. When I tried this Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub I realized the combo is a matched made in heaven. My skin’s never felt better. Even if you don’t have a Clarisonic, I recommend the scrub– definitely.