Lately, I’ve received a few direct messages on B&B & insta asking about my daily makeup routine. To be honest, I don’t wear a ton of makeup so today I’ll be sharing my routine plus asking for a few of your recommendations! I don’t always wear all of these products all at once but this is what can be found in my everyday makeup bag.
- First I start with Drunken Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I actually JUST started using this a week or so ago & I am loving it. The hype about Drunken Elephant is so legit. Have you tried it? What other D.E. products do you swear by?
- Then I layer on Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I love this product because it’s so lightweight but evens out any discoloration or minor blemishes.
- Under my eyes, I use Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer and blend with everyone’s fav, the Beauty Blender.
- For bronzer, I do a few sweeps of Clinique’s True Bronze Pressed Powder across my skin and then top with one of my two favorite blushes.
- For my skin tone, I love using Nars Blush in Orgasm OR…
- Clinique’s Blushing Blush in Precious Posy I think both of these shades work nicely across all skin tones & have the teeniest bit of shimmer in them.
- For eyes I love using Laura Mercier’s Caviar Sticks. If I’ve had a late night out, I use the matte version in Blossom under my bottom lashes instead of eyeliner or if I want drama, I’ll use Amethyst as eyeliner and/or shadow.
- When I do use eyeliner, I use, Maybelline Eye Master Studio Precise Liquid Eyeliner in black. You can grab it at any drug store or Ulta, which is great if you’ve recently remembered you’re out!
- As you guys know, I LOVE lipstick. All different colors and I usually share them here or on insta-stories. But lately, my go to red has been Nudestix in Royal. I am obsessed with the color and wear. If you’re on the fence about buying new lipstick without really trying, you can get this smaller version at Sephora to take it for a test run.
- For nudes, I actually like to wear just the liner pencil of Kylie Jenner’s lipkits. My go to is Candy K with just a teeny bit of clear gloss over it if it starts to feel too dry.
- I also keep this Glossier balm dotcom handy at all times. It’s great if you need a little clear gloss or if you are just in need of chapstick.
- This is the product I get most questions about. Mascara. I LOVE Lancome’s Grandiose Extreme Mascara. Don’t get me wrong, this mascara is THICK. The first time I used it, it felt almost like tar coming out of the tube however it goes on perfectly and stays put. I have a hard time because I have longer lashes and they sometimes rub against my skin and leave marks under my eyes and by my eyebrows. This mascara stays put and really makes your lashes pop, they look so long and full every time I use it.
- If I end up adding highlight, I use Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm for shimmer on my cheekbones & brow bone & cupid’s bow.
What favorite beauty products do you swear by? I’d love to know what you guys love for highlighter and even under eye concealer! Send me all your recommendations!
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. This weekend was fairly chill for me and to be honest, I took advantage of a rainy Sunday for a ramen lunch date & a few hours to be cozy in my apartment. Last week I wrote about dealing with mean girls however, today I’m writing about celebrating the women that empower & inspire us. The women who we keep as our closest #girlgang and build us up. Though I’m thankful for those ladies everyday, what better time than to throw a Galentine’s party. While we can thank Parks & Rec for the tradition, I love it because it’s a great excuse to get together & have a cute party with your favorite ladies. If you need a little pink & red inspo, as well as a one of my favorite treats, look no further.
First of all, this is the easiest cute treat to make. If you’re in a pinch, all these ingredients you can buy pre-made so… here are the details on these precious love notes.
I’ve made these two ways, with puff pastry and with pie dough. I prefer pie dough because they don’t lose their shape while they’re baking. Cute your pie dough into squares add a little raspberry preserves (if you don’t make it homemade, highly recommend this brand) fold up the bottom corner, then either side. If you have a small heart shape cookie cutter, cut out a little piece of dough & add over the three corners. You can also use your (clean) kitchen scissors to hand cut them out, I did and after a practice cut, it’s easy to get the hang of. Add a little egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.
<bubbles & cake bites>
<these ombre mini cakes are my fav>
Are you planning to celebrate with your best girlfriends? Have you already? What were your plans? These are also awesome desserts if your beau has a sweet tooth.
Today I’m sharing 10 of my favorite V-day gifts for the men in your life. The gifts listed below represent various price points as well as interests, too! I am a HUGE fan of the Bose Noice Cancelling headphones, in fact, I don’t travel without mine!
If you’re looking for some advice on what to get the lady in your life, check out yesterday’s gift guide for her.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10
wearing Nudestix in Royal
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I’ve compiled a list of a few V-day surprises if you’re needing a little inspiration. If you’d rather book an activity to do together, a couples massage or cooking class can be a great way to celebrate. If you’re thinking these aren’t for you, I’ll say this, flowers & a card (written from the heart) are among some of the best gifts I’ve received.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10
Stop back tomorrow for a gift guide for your favorite guys!
<clearly adjusting well to hygge in my fav pajamas>
New year, new me? To be honest, I’m not huge on resolutions. I like the idea of a “refresh” button but who’s to say that can’t happen in June or September? Either way, if you’re reevaluating this January (or February…. or March), here are a few resolutions we all should be making.
- Schedule your yearly physicals with your doctors. When I moved, I didn’t get a PCP right away and eventually found myself making excuses or feeling like I couldn’t take time off work. Bad. The saying is true, we’re nothing without our health. Check in with your PCP, dermatologist and ladies, your OB-GYN. If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask. In fact, come with questions! “Does this mole look normal?” I promise you’re not the first person to ask whatever is on your mind.
- Adapt the Danish concept of Hygge. Hygge can simply be defined as enjoying life’s simple pleasures; a cozy contentment. Everyone has something that recharges their batteries, for some it’s a slow Saturday morning or cozy night in with friends. The point is to gain energy from taking joys in the simple things; try to schedule your self some hygge once a month.
- Identify a bad habit & try to break it. Even if you only do this once in 2018, you’ve broken one bad habit. For me, it was looking at my phone before going to bed. The blue light was affecting my sleep pattern and frankly, we don’t always need to be connected. I’ve supplemented that time with enjoying a hot cup of tea and reading for at least 30 minutes before bed. I haven’t been able to do that ritual every single night, but it’s something I look forward to and I’ve definitely found it easier to disconnect.
- Be more productive. Whether it’s at work, in the gym, working on your side hustle, whatever it is, push yourself to out of your comfort zone. I promise you will find yourself feeling rewarded by staying motivated.
- Monitor your progress. It’s so easy to get bogged down in remembering the things you aren’t doing, but so important to remember the small victories. Did you make it to the gym on the day you were really tired? Good for you! Did you break a bad habit? Good for you. Don’t forget to relish in the small victories. The (wine) glass is half full!
- Know you can do anything, just not everything. There are many times where I find myself overcommitted. Stressing yourself out by agreeing to do too much or putting my efforts in several different areas; it doesn’t allow creativity or time to let your brain rest. Your parents weren’t kidding when they said you could do anything, but you can’t truly succeed if you’re putting bits of yourself towards different goals. Pick one, work like hell and achieve it… then move onto the next one.
- Remove yourself from toxic situations. Not to mince words, cut down on the drama. If you find yourself in a toxic relationship with a friend, remove yourself. If you find yourself in a toxic situation, remove yourself. No one should ever rob you of your energy.
- Make a new healthy habit. I know it’s trite to say “get healthy” as new year resolution. However, I challenge you to make a new healthy habit & stick to it. Maybe for the overachiever, it’s practicing self-care. Maybe it’s to incorporate a green vegetable into a daily meal or try that spin class you’ve been nervous to try.
- Stay informed. As circumstances have it now, news changes in an instant. Thanks to our socially connected lifestyle, it’s easier than ever to stay informed. Being informed is integral. It’s important to know the facts when it comes to voting, social action and beyond. At very least, sign up for The Skimm, it’s a great place to start.
- Be a little bit kinder. The world is in a weird place right now. Having a little extra patience or the desire to pay it forward can only benefit all of us.
Last weekend, Dave & I registered for our wedding. I had gotten up early that day to make spin class before we shopped till we (literally) dropped, so by the time we reached the end, we were hungry. On our way out of Crate & Barrel, I spotted the most perfect mini waffle maker from Dash. Of course, it came home with us. Coincidentally it seemed like the perfect night to have waffles for dinner.
While I normally like to make my own batter, we made a quick stop at Trader Joe’s on our way home to pick up a few things & to save on time, I grabbed their Gluten Free waffle mix. I added a little vanilla to the recipe and you guys, SO delish. Highly recommend if you prefer a pre-made mix.
Last week, I followed clickbait and ended up reading 127 amazing facts in honor of national trivia day. If you need a little break from your daily emails at work, click away and prepare to be amazed!
I recently purchased several new matte lipcolors & I am obsessed. As if naming their colors after men isn’t cute enough, Lawless prides itself on being FREE of harmful chemicals that you might be surprised to find in your other cosmetics. Did you know our bodies absorb 5 POUNDS of makeup a year!? ew. So important to know what’s going on your skin. Besides that, the colors are amazing and the wear is great. Usually matte can be so drying, but this gives a nice matte feel without looking cracked on your lips by mid-afternoon.
Happy 2018 AND Friday! The last few months of 2017 were a complete whirlwind so I’m feeling especially grateful for a slower start to what will be a fantastic and equally as busy year!
bed // cableknit throw
I hope you had a fantastic holiday and welcomed the new year the way you wanted to. I spent the majority of the holiday at home in Ohio and celebrated the new year with friends over a (very chilly) ski weekend.
I’m sharing a few outfits pre- bomb cyclone snow storm as well as some others that I’ve received questions about.
shirt // black pants // shoes // bag, similar here // sunnies
sweater // jeans similar here // sunnies // loafers
Sam Edelman shoes // envelope clutch // sunnies- Ralph Lauren, similar here //scent //
pom keychain, similar here// lipstick – custom color from Bite Lab
I was so happy to be home in Ohio for Christmas. My mom ALWAYS outdoes herself with our Christmas tree…
// perfect winter sleep shirt //
On our way to New Years, I posted this hat on my instastories, I got a TON of inquiries about where it was from…
hat // sweater// scarf
hat // vest // sweater, similar here
I hope you’re bundled up for the chilly weekend we’re in for, I’ll be sharing an awesome Italian chicken recipe that guarantees to warm you up on Monday, so stop back!