Lately, I’ve received a few direct messages on B&B & insta asking about my daily makeup routine. To be honest, I don’t wear a ton of makeup so today I’ll be sharing my routine plus asking for a few of your recommendations! I don’t always wear all of these products all at once but this is what can be found in my everyday makeup bag.
- First I start with Drunken Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I actually JUST started using this a week or so ago & I am loving it. The hype about Drunken Elephant is so legit. Have you tried it? What other D.E. products do you swear by?
- Then I layer on Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I love this product because it’s so lightweight but evens out any discoloration or minor blemishes.
- Under my eyes, I use Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer and blend with everyone’s fav, the Beauty Blender.
- For bronzer, I do a few sweeps of Clinique’s True Bronze Pressed Powder across my skin and then top with one of my two favorite blushes.
- For my skin tone, I love using Nars Blush in Orgasm OR…
- Clinique’s Blushing Blush in Precious Posy I think both of these shades work nicely across all skin tones & have the teeniest bit of shimmer in them.
- For eyes I love using Laura Mercier’s Caviar Sticks. If I’ve had a late night out, I use the matte version in Blossom under my bottom lashes instead of eyeliner or if I want drama, I’ll use Amethyst as eyeliner and/or shadow.
- When I do use eyeliner, I use, Maybelline Eye Master Studio Precise Liquid Eyeliner in black. You can grab it at any drug store or Ulta, which is great if you’ve recently remembered you’re out!
- As you guys know, I LOVE lipstick. All different colors and I usually share them here or on insta-stories. But lately, my go to red has been Nudestix in Royal. I am obsessed with the color and wear. If you’re on the fence about buying new lipstick without really trying, you can get this smaller version at Sephora to take it for a test run.
- For nudes, I actually like to wear just the liner pencil of Kylie Jenner’s lipkits. My go to is Candy K with just a teeny bit of clear gloss over it if it starts to feel too dry.
- I also keep this Glossier balm dotcom handy at all times. It’s great if you need a little clear gloss or if you are just in need of chapstick.
- This is the product I get most questions about. Mascara. I LOVE Lancome’s Grandiose Extreme Mascara. Don’t get me wrong, this mascara is THICK. The first time I used it, it felt almost like tar coming out of the tube however it goes on perfectly and stays put. I have a hard time because I have longer lashes and they sometimes rub against my skin and leave marks under my eyes and by my eyebrows. This mascara stays put and really makes your lashes pop, they look so long and full every time I use it.
- If I end up adding highlight, I use Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm for shimmer on my cheekbones & brow bone & cupid’s bow.
What favorite beauty products do you swear by? I’d love to know what you guys love for highlighter and even under eye concealer! Send me all your recommendations!
Today I’m sharing 10 of my favorite V-day gifts for the men in your life. The gifts listed below represent various price points as well as interests, too! I am a HUGE fan of the Bose Noice Cancelling headphones, in fact, I don’t travel without mine!
If you’re looking for some advice on what to get the lady in your life, check out yesterday’s gift guide for her.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10
wearing Nudestix in Royal
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I’ve compiled a list of a few V-day surprises if you’re needing a little inspiration. If you’d rather book an activity to do together, a couples massage or cooking class can be a great way to celebrate. If you’re thinking these aren’t for you, I’ll say this, flowers & a card (written from the heart) are among some of the best gifts I’ve received.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10
Stop back tomorrow for a gift guide for your favorite guys!
Hey, hey, it’s Monday! Did everyone stay up too late, munch on too many snacks and get too festive for the Super Bowl? Was I the only one who was waiting for something more during the half time show? Don’t get me wrong- loved it- but I was left wanting more! Anyway, I wanted to start the week off with some V Day gift hints for the ladies. You’ll notice a few repeats from the For Her Gift Guide but only because they’re great gifts for both him & her.1. S’well Water Bottle $45
2. Carry On Cocktail Kit- The Old Fashioned $24
3. Social Print Studio – Mini Photo Book $25
4. Portable Grill $24 (on sale, too!)
5. Set of Enamel Mugs $38
6. The New York Times 36 Hours books $12 – $25 (depending on region)
7. Classic Liquour Decanter $69
8. Art of Shaving Kit $30
I have such a busy week but a great event on Thursday night with my girlfriends and a fun weekend planned, fingers crossed the work week flies by!
Happy Friday! We’ve made it to the brink of the weekend and officially are in the single digit countdown to Valentine’s Day. What’s your take on the holiday? Do you guys really do it up? Personally, I don’t like to buy in too much to V Day; a thoughtful card and kind gesture or small gift is what we usually do. For me, it’s more about time spent together. If you’re in need for last minute ideas for your lady friend, here are a few gifts for less than $100.
If you’re looking to do something a little more interactive, plan a trip to an art museum or book a couple’s massage. I always think an experience can be the greatest gift.. but don’t forget the flowers!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
How did I miss Monday?! Well, let’s be honest, I didn’t miss Monday… I just missed blogging. Quick post today on some great stops in Pittsburgh this weekend. It was quite pleasant because the sun was out and it was a balmy 58 degrees, perfect exploring weather.
I have been dying to check out No. 14 which is in Lawrenceville. It is the sweetest boutique with beautiful clothes, jewelry and accessories. The great news is, if you’re not close enough to stop by, you’ll soon be able to shop online. And how perfect is the dressing room?
After some shopping, we stopped by Smoke for some INCREDIBLE tacos. I cannot recommend this place enough. I am also obsessed with the blackberry agua fresca. I am going to try to make some of my own so hopefully you’ll see a recipe in the next few weeks.
Is anyone else dying for spring? I mean sure, the calendar says it’s spring but come on. 30 degrees does not feel springlike at all. I popped into Nordstrom Rack this weekend to grab a few treats for myself. Just because the weather doesn’t say spring, doesn’t mean my wardrobe can’t!