Happy 2018 AND Friday! The last few months of 2017 were a complete whirlwind so I’m feeling especially grateful for a slower start to what will be a fantastic and equally as busy year!
bed // cableknit throw
I hope you had a fantastic holiday and welcomed the new year the way you wanted to. I spent the majority of the holiday at home in Ohio and celebrated the new year with friends over a (very chilly) ski weekend.
I’m sharing a few outfits pre- bomb cyclone snow storm as well as some others that I’ve received questions about.
shirt // black pants // shoes // bag, similar here // sunnies
sweater // jeans similar here // sunnies // loafers
Sam Edelman shoes // envelope clutch // sunnies- Ralph Lauren, similar here //scent //
pom keychain, similar here// lipstick – custom color from Bite Lab
I was so happy to be home in Ohio for Christmas. My mom ALWAYS outdoes herself with our Christmas tree…
// perfect winter sleep shirt //
On our way to New Years, I posted this hat on my instastories, I got a TON of inquiries about where it was from…
hat // sweater// scarf
hat // vest // sweater, similar here
I hope you’re bundled up for the chilly weekend we’re in for, I’ll be sharing an awesome Italian chicken recipe that guarantees to warm you up on Monday, so stop back!
Finally! Thursday! I don’t know about you guys but I am SO ready for the weekend. After having a bug for the last ten days- I am finally feeling back like my regular, healthy self.
When I started to get sick, I stopped into my neighborhood Le Pain Quotidien and ordered their hot Honey Lemon Ginger. It was the perfect warm up from the chilly winter air and immediately soothed the tickle in my throat; it’s no secret that the three ingredients are packed full of health benefits. Fully knowing I wouldn’t be able to sustain my obsession, I attempted to make it at home… at it worked! It should be noted that I never really measure anything but just ballpark it, you can always even out the flavor once you try it.
1 cup water
knob of fresh ginger, about an inch depending on how prominent you want the flavor
After I posted a few of our engagement photos
, I got a lot of questions about my this outfit but especially my tulle skirt
. Truth is, I love dressing up a tulle skirt and in fact, I couldn’t find a top I loved, so that’s actually a dress. I’ve linked a few tulle skirts below that (some) may or may not be hiding in my closet.
Two weeks ago we visited some of our best friends in Pittsburgh. We hadn’t been back since Dave moved but it was great to revisit some of our favorite spots and even try a few new (amazing) places. I think we ate our way through the entire city!
Dinner at DiAnoia’s
– I highly recommend their gnocchi and of course, prosecco on tap
How are the holidays coming along for you guys? Did you wrap up your shopping? I’m still finishing off a few things but tonight we’re seeing The Nutcracker, so I suppose it will just have to wait.
Want to follow along? As always, follow me on Instagram 🙂
Happy Friday & official first day of fall. A few weeks ago, the east coast had our first taste of sweater weather. Of course, we ended up having a bit of a resurgence of warmer weather but that doesn’t mean my sweaters aren’t freshly stacked in my closet waiting for their debut on a crisp, fall day. For me, there are a few things that come with the first crisp breeze…
<crispness in the air always makes me want to stay in bed juuuust a little longer>
- Hot Tea. I normally drink green tea every morning as I’m not a coffee gal but it always feels a little different in the fall. On weekend mornings, I’ll leisurely drink a cup by our patio fire pit or snuggled on the couch with the door open.
- Switching up my Cooking Routine. I love fall vegetables. Perusing the farmer’s market when all the apples, and squash are in season is so fulfilling to me. I love, love, love this Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe. It’s usually the first heartier, fall recipe I make every year. Plus.. SOUP!
- Holiday Planning. Once October hits, I’ve already picked up like two Bon Appétit magazines, they usually have a perfected turkey or gorgeous tablescape on the front. I love planning out the holidays; when we’ll get together with friends, little stocking stuffers for Christmas morning. While my mind doesn’t go straight to Christmas, this year I’ve promised myself, my gifts will be taken care of prior to December 15. No last minute scramble for me.
- Warmer Toned Makeup. If you haven’t noticed, I love deeper toned lipsticks and live for a good marsala or caramel lip. I’ll be sure to share some of my favorites this fall.
- Fall Football. In the midwest, football isn’t just a game, it’s an occasion. Tailgating is a must & if you’re watching from the comfort of your own home, snacks & lucky jerseys are a necessity. (Go Bucks!)
- Baking. Especially in the fall, pies are my absolute favorite. I also gravitate towards breads like banana, zucchini and if you don’t want to make anything from scratch, these breads from Williams-Sonoma.
- “Basic” Activities. I’m not sure when supporting a local farm became labeled as “basic” but yea, I do love picking apples, gathering pumpkins to carve, etc. Those local farms always have the best cider, too.
- Fall Fashion. Boots, vests, snuggly sweaters all make their way to the front of my closet & I couldn’t be happier.
- Autumn Cocktails. While I’m not a fan of PSL, fresh ciders or spiked apple ciders are my jam.
- Candles. I think my love of candles stems from missing a fireplace in our cozy apartment. In the fall, I always have a candle lit. For me, I always opt for lighter scents like snuggly sweater or fresh cotton.
What are you most excited about for fall?
Good morning & happy Friday, everyone! I’ve been getting a lot of messages regarding the recent style posts I’ve been posting on Instagram. Would you guys be interested in seeing more style posts? I’ve always shied away from consistent style posts because I truly am a little camera shy but love sharing, especially when it comes to clothes & accessories.
button up // pants (on sale!) // backpack // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
palm babydoll top** // jeans
**more palm print perfection here
This is by far the most requested outfit. I wore this ensemble to Dave’s brother’s wedding a few weekends ago. A chic alternative to a dress & so comfortable to dance the night away. I love this outfit so much that you may see it reappear in some of our engagement photos.
top // skirt // heels (on sale) // vintage clutch (similar here) // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
button up // jeans // heels // bag // sunnies // lipstick is Mac Red
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready for the weekend, which, thankfully, for me began last evening! This morning I flew to Chicago to celebrate one of my very best friend’s bachelorette. We have a fun filled weekend planned which I’ll be sharing upon my return. As always, feel free to follow along via the gram!
Happy Thursday! For those of you who may have stumbled upon this post, hi! Most Thursdays I like the share the highlights of my week- three for alliteration’s sake. Think of it as your parent’s asking the highlight of your day at the dinner table. Feel free to comment with your week’s highlights!
Wedding planning! We have officially set a date & booked a venue which means the real fun can begin! We couldn’t be happier to be getting married in our home state & favorite city, Cleveland, in September 2018!
Did you watch the eclipse this week? I watched from work where we could see it… but didn’t see too much of a change. Here are some awesome shots people captured during in totality zones.
// shoes //
fall foot fashion. I know we’re not even into September yet but every fall I always end up splurging on vests, new jeans, cozy sweaters etc and always forget about my feet. I love these mules for a great transition shoe into autumn & they’re available in a myriad of colors for every wardrobe.
Palm OTS Top
Happy Monday! I can’t believe we’re just two weeks out from September! Summer is beginning to wind down and before I begin to cling to my new fall clothes, I want to give all my summer clothes the life they deserve. It’s no secret that palm print has been hot this summer but I still cannot get enough. These six perfect palm pieces are a fabulous way to close summer & won’t break your bank.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
Earring wise, you could say I’m a minimalist. Due to bad piercing job (thanks Claire’s — circa 1999), I’ve pretty much stuck to studs my whole life. You could also say I have major earring FOMO. I’m always gifting statement earrings mostly because I can’t buy them for myself!
This weekend I found these fun (and very light) earrings which are perfect for summer and I’m linking a few other pairs that I’m dying for you to buy because… those who can’t wear… share!
May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short! xo