Happy Friday & official first day of fall. A few weeks ago, the east coast had our first taste of sweater weather. Of course, we ended up having a bit of a resurgence of warmer weather but that doesn’t mean my sweaters aren’t freshly stacked in my closet waiting for their debut on a crisp, fall day. For me, there are a few things that come with the first crisp breeze…
<crispness in the air always makes me want to stay in bed juuuust a little longer>
- Hot Tea. I normally drink green tea every morning as I’m not a coffee gal but it always feels a little different in the fall. On weekend mornings, I’ll leisurely drink a cup by our patio fire pit or snuggled on the couch with the door open.
- Switching up my Cooking Routine. I love fall vegetables. Perusing the farmer’s market when all the apples, and squash are in season is so fulfilling to me. I love, love, love this Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe. It’s usually the first heartier, fall recipe I make every year. Plus.. SOUP!
- Holiday Planning. Once October hits, I’ve already picked up like two Bon Appétit magazines, they usually have a perfected turkey or gorgeous tablescape on the front. I love planning out the holidays; when we’ll get together with friends, little stocking stuffers for Christmas morning. While my mind doesn’t go straight to Christmas, this year I’ve promised myself, my gifts will be taken care of prior to December 15. No last minute scramble for me.
- Warmer Toned Makeup. If you haven’t noticed, I love deeper toned lipsticks and live for a good marsala or caramel lip. I’ll be sure to share some of my favorites this fall.
- Fall Football. In the midwest, football isn’t just a game, it’s an occasion. Tailgating is a must & if you’re watching from the comfort of your own home, snacks & lucky jerseys are a necessity. (Go Bucks!)
- Baking. Especially in the fall, pies are my absolute favorite. I also gravitate towards breads like banana, zucchini and if you don’t want to make anything from scratch, these breads from Williams-Sonoma.
- “Basic” Activities. I’m not sure when supporting a local farm became labeled as “basic” but yea, I do love picking apples, gathering pumpkins to carve, etc. Those local farms always have the best cider, too.
- Fall Fashion. Boots, vests, snuggly sweaters all make their way to the front of my closet & I couldn’t be happier.
- Autumn Cocktails. While I’m not a fan of PSL, fresh ciders or spiked apple ciders are my jam.
- Candles. I think my love of candles stems from missing a fireplace in our cozy apartment. In the fall, I always have a candle lit. For me, I always opt for lighter scents like snuggly sweater or fresh cotton.
What are you most excited about for fall?
Good morning & happy Friday, everyone! I’ve been getting a lot of messages regarding the recent style posts I’ve been posting on Instagram. Would you guys be interested in seeing more style posts? I’ve always shied away from consistent style posts because I truly am a little camera shy but love sharing, especially when it comes to clothes & accessories.
button up // pants (on sale!) // backpack // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
palm babydoll top** // jeans
**more palm print perfection here
This is by far the most requested outfit. I wore this ensemble to Dave’s brother’s wedding a few weekends ago. A chic alternative to a dress & so comfortable to dance the night away. I love this outfit so much that you may see it reappear in some of our engagement photos.
top // skirt // heels (on sale) // vintage clutch (similar here) // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
button up // jeans // heels // bag // sunnies // lipstick is Mac Red
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready for the weekend, which, thankfully, for me began last evening! This morning I flew to Chicago to celebrate one of my very best friend’s bachelorette. We have a fun filled weekend planned which I’ll be sharing upon my return. As always, feel free to follow along via the gram!
Happy Thursday! For those of you who may have stumbled upon this post, hi! Most Thursdays I like the share the highlights of my week- three for alliteration’s sake. Think of it as your parent’s asking the highlight of your day at the dinner table. Feel free to comment with your week’s highlights!
Wedding planning! We have officially set a date & booked a venue which means the real fun can begin! We couldn’t be happier to be getting married in our home state & favorite city, Cleveland, in September 2018!
Did you watch the eclipse this week? I watched from work where we could see it… but didn’t see too much of a change. Here are some awesome shots people captured during in totality zones.
// shoes //
fall foot fashion. I know we’re not even into September yet but every fall I always end up splurging on vests, new jeans, cozy sweaters etc and always forget about my feet. I love these mules for a great transition shoe into autumn & they’re available in a myriad of colors for every wardrobe.
Palm OTS Top
Happy Monday! I can’t believe we’re just two weeks out from September! Summer is beginning to wind down and before I begin to cling to my new fall clothes, I want to give all my summer clothes the life they deserve. It’s no secret that palm print has been hot this summer but I still cannot get enough. These six perfect palm pieces are a fabulous way to close summer & won’t break your bank.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
Earring wise, you could say I’m a minimalist. Due to bad piercing job (thanks Claire’s — circa 1999), I’ve pretty much stuck to studs my whole life. You could also say I have major earring FOMO. I’m always gifting statement earrings mostly because I can’t buy them for myself!
This weekend I found these fun (and very light) earrings which are perfect for summer and I’m linking a few other pairs that I’m dying for you to buy because… those who can’t wear… share!
May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short! xo
If you’ve been following along on my Instagram lately, you’ll notice that life’s been a little crazy for me. I’ve been working long hours on a big project at work but finally took a break to take a much needed vacation to Cuba! I will say it was one of the most incredible countries I’ve had the pleasure of visiting. The people, culture and country are so breathtaking. I’ll be posting a travel guide next week because I want to share all the amazing places I’ve visited and honestly, how easy it was to travel there.
Growing up a dancer, I couldn’t wait to salsa in Cuba.
Little did I know, I’d be dancing until the sun came up…
This Lulu’s dress was so much fun on the dance floor, the way it moved was as rhythmic as the music itself and the color is my absolute favorite shade of red.
Can’t wait to share so much more of my trip with you all next week. Have a great weekend!
A few days of unexpected warmer temperatures and I’m longing for spring. It’s no secret I love the off the shoulder look and today I’m sharing a few dressier OTS dresses I love to wear out as well as some spring looks I can’t wait to fill my closet with. OTS dresses are so flattering on a variety of different body types and if you’re worried about the horizontal line across your shoulders making you look wider, choose a style that accentuates the tiniest part of your body: your waist.
Bardot Solange Off The Shoulder
OTS dresses are so versatile. They can be dressed up with heels, wedges or jewelry or dressed down with cute sandals and a hat. These are some of my favorite picks for spring…
(which cannot come soon enough!)