Friday eve, thankfully here again! Last week totally kicked my butt and this week has been just as busy but I’m feeling energized, inspired and ready for the weekend!
This weekend I’m attending Suds of the Season, which is a fun beer festival with tons of breweries and food trucks participating. The best part? PUPPIES! The event charity is Educated Canines Assisting with Disabilities, and they’ll have plenty of sweet pups there to pet in between sips. What a perfect way to unwind from the week! Hop on over to my instagram story to see how to get discounted tickets!
I have been enamored with two books the past few weeks. First is by one of my all time fav food bloggers Jessica Merchant at How Sweet Eats. I’ve been following her for years and not a day goes by that I don’t want to jump through my screen and into her pictures. Her new cookbook, The Pretty Dish, has, of course, incredible recipes plus a ton of beauty DIY projects. Even if you never cooked one dish, the food photography alone will have you running to the grocery store.
The second book is one that greatly resonates with me. Many of the greatest chefs will say that cooking is a way of showing admiration to those you love. A gift. It’s so much more than feeding someone’s belly. Food Gift Love is my newest obsession for those little hostess our housewarming gifts
The hype behind Summer Fridays is real and I can’t keep my hands off of it (as you can see from the condition of my fairly new tube!) Totally clean ingredients created by two awesome women. My favorite part? You can use it around your eyes without fear! Your skin will be thanking you!
I have been in love with this Coconut Matcha tea lately. It has all the benefits of matcha & green tea & the coconut adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Intensive Skin Serum Concealer | Corrector | Brightening Powder
My newest under eye savior! A few weeks ago I wrote about my everyday makeup routine, but have been searching for an under eye solution. Getting up so early, sometimes I need a little extra umph to look wide awake (read: anything so people don’t have to ask “are you okay?!”). This combo has been a life saver and has a really natural feel during wear. I start off with the corrector in the darkest spot under my eyes, add some of the intensive skin serum concealer and finish with brightening powder. The powder is my secret weapon. Not only is it brightening but it makes sure no rogue mascara or eyeliner ends up smudging under my eyes.
Successful women on the age they found the most difficult via Coveteur.
I hope everyone is having a quick week; today is actually my Friday as I’m off tomorrow for a little adventure this weekend!
Lately, I’ve received a few direct messages on B&B & insta asking about my daily makeup routine. To be honest, I don’t wear a ton of makeup so today I’ll be sharing my routine plus asking for a few of your recommendations! I don’t always wear all of these products all at once but this is what can be found in my everyday makeup bag.
- First I start with Drunken Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I actually JUST started using this a week or so ago & I am loving it. The hype about Drunken Elephant is so legit. Have you tried it? What other D.E. products do you swear by?
- Then I layer on Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I love this product because it’s so lightweight but evens out any discoloration or minor blemishes.
- Under my eyes, I use Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer and blend with everyone’s fav, the Beauty Blender.
- For bronzer, I do a few sweeps of Clinique’s True Bronze Pressed Powder across my skin and then top with one of my two favorite blushes.
- For my skin tone, I love using Nars Blush in Orgasm OR…
- Clinique’s Blushing Blush in Precious Posy I think both of these shades work nicely across all skin tones & have the teeniest bit of shimmer in them.
- For eyes I love using Laura Mercier’s Caviar Sticks. If I’ve had a late night out, I use the matte version in Blossom under my bottom lashes instead of eyeliner or if I want drama, I’ll use Amethyst as eyeliner and/or shadow.
- When I do use eyeliner, I use, Maybelline Eye Master Studio Precise Liquid Eyeliner in black. You can grab it at any drug store or Ulta, which is great if you’ve recently remembered you’re out!
- As you guys know, I LOVE lipstick. All different colors and I usually share them here or on insta-stories. But lately, my go to red has been Nudestix in Royal. I am obsessed with the color and wear. If you’re on the fence about buying new lipstick without really trying, you can get this smaller version at Sephora to take it for a test run.
- For nudes, I actually like to wear just the liner pencil of Kylie Jenner’s lipkits. My go to is Candy K with just a teeny bit of clear gloss over it if it starts to feel too dry.
- I also keep this Glossier balm dotcom handy at all times. It’s great if you need a little clear gloss or if you are just in need of chapstick.
- This is the product I get most questions about. Mascara. I LOVE Lancome’s Grandiose Extreme Mascara. Don’t get me wrong, this mascara is THICK. The first time I used it, it felt almost like tar coming out of the tube however it goes on perfectly and stays put. I have a hard time because I have longer lashes and they sometimes rub against my skin and leave marks under my eyes and by my eyebrows. This mascara stays put and really makes your lashes pop, they look so long and full every time I use it.
- If I end up adding highlight, I use Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm for shimmer on my cheekbones & brow bone & cupid’s bow.
What favorite beauty products do you swear by? I’d love to know what you guys love for highlighter and even under eye concealer! Send me all your recommendations!
Last weekend, Dave & I registered for our wedding. I had gotten up early that day to make spin class before we shopped till we (literally) dropped, so by the time we reached the end, we were hungry. On our way out of Crate & Barrel, I spotted the most perfect mini waffle maker from Dash. Of course, it came home with us. Coincidentally it seemed like the perfect night to have waffles for dinner.
While I normally like to make my own batter, we made a quick stop at Trader Joe’s on our way home to pick up a few things & to save on time, I grabbed their Gluten Free waffle mix. I added a little vanilla to the recipe and you guys, SO delish. Highly recommend if you prefer a pre-made mix.
Last week, I followed clickbait and ended up reading 127 amazing facts in honor of national trivia day. If you need a little break from your daily emails at work, click away and prepare to be amazed!
I recently purchased several new matte lipcolors & I am obsessed. As if naming their colors after men isn’t cute enough, Lawless prides itself on being FREE of harmful chemicals that you might be surprised to find in your other cosmetics. Did you know our bodies absorb 5 POUNDS of makeup a year!? ew. So important to know what’s going on your skin. Besides that, the colors are amazing and the wear is great. Usually matte can be so drying, but this gives a nice matte feel without looking cracked on your lips by mid-afternoon.
Has anyone else been thrown off all week? I woke up Tuesday morning, thinking it was Wednesday & my days have been mixed up ever since. But we’re here! Thursday! Finally.
Tuesday night I took a calligraphy class with the very talented Crafted by Anamarie. I have always loved calligraphy & thought it would be a fun girls night. Anamarie is so talented & incredibly helpful throughout the entire class. While I have a lot of practicing ahead of me, the letters are starting to build muscle memory, so here’s to hoping for a lot of lovely lettering in the next year! She also teaches chalkboard lettering classes as well. You can catch her in NYC or Stamford. Sign up here, you won’t regret it.
I think part of my day-of-the-week mix up can be attributed to not getting a great night of sleep. Sleep is such an important factor regarding our health & wellbeing but let’s face it, sometimes eight hours just can’t happen. Here are ways to make it through those long days after a bad night’s sleep.
Truth be told, the saying of “A Sunday Well Spent, Brings A Week of Content” really hits home for me. I love nothing more on Sundays to be in the kitchen, cooking, prepping food for the week or (embarrassingly enough) reorganizing the cabinets. It brings me a sense of solace. While I plan meals for the week, Sunday’s meal is usually a game time decision. Ravaging through odds & ends of what’s leftover married to a few of my kitchen staples. This week, we ended up with quite a delicious pizza. Plum & Prosciutto. I’m sharing the recipe (I use that term loosely as I admittedly never measure anything) below.
Plum & Prosciutto Pizza
What You’ll Need:
Stonefire Naan Bread
3 Plums (I used three smaller, European plums)
(teeny bit of) Balsamic Glaze (I made my own, but this one is great to keep in your cupboard)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place naan bread onto baking sheet and add sliced mozzarella onto naan. If you don’t have access to fresh mozzarella, shredded would work, too. Grate some gruyere over top of the mozz and place in the oven for the cheese to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and add quartered or halved plums (depending on size) as well as a few slices of prosciutto. Place back in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cheese is nice & melted, remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with balsamic glaze. Add arugula to the top of the ‘za and…
Glossier. Over the weekend I stopped by the Glossier Showroom in NYC & picked up two of their lip colors: Jam & Crush. The store is as simply elegant as the rest of their campaign. I love these lipsticks because the color adapts to your own pigment, so each color looks different on every person. It has a creamier feel to it but appears matte after application. The lipstick itself appears more natural than a lot of other lipsticks I own, which is great when going for a less “done-up” look. I also cannot wait to try their other products!
This week, for the first time, I dropped into Pink Soda, a great new blowout bar & full beauty salon in Stamford. I got their signature blowout which took only 45 minutes & lasted the whole weekend! Highly recommend.
It’s no secret I love a good sweet treat. I contacted Hayleycakes and Cookies for these incredible Beyonce themed bachelorette cookies. Just following their Instagram makes me want to become a baker- though I could never even fathom having that much icing talent. Spoiler alert: the cookies taste even better than they look.
Good morning & happy Friday, everyone! I’ve been getting a lot of messages regarding the recent style posts I’ve been posting on Instagram. Would you guys be interested in seeing more style posts? I’ve always shied away from consistent style posts because I truly am a little camera shy but love sharing, especially when it comes to clothes & accessories.
button up // pants (on sale!) // backpack // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
palm babydoll top** // jeans
**more palm print perfection here
This is by far the most requested outfit. I wore this ensemble to Dave’s brother’s wedding a few weekends ago. A chic alternative to a dress & so comfortable to dance the night away. I love this outfit so much that you may see it reappear in some of our engagement photos.
top // skirt // heels (on sale) // vintage clutch (similar here) // lip color is Candy K (pencil only)
button up // jeans // heels // bag // sunnies // lipstick is Mac Red
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready for the weekend, which, thankfully, for me began last evening! This morning I flew to Chicago to celebrate one of my very best friend’s bachelorette. We have a fun filled weekend planned which I’ll be sharing upon my return. As always, feel free to follow along via the gram!