Lately, I’ve received a few direct messages on B&B & insta asking about my daily makeup routine. To be honest, I don’t wear a ton of makeup so today I’ll be sharing my routine plus asking for a few of your recommendations! I don’t always wear all of these products all at once but this is what can be found in my everyday makeup bag.
- First I start with Drunken Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I actually JUST started using this a week or so ago & I am loving it. The hype about Drunken Elephant is so legit. Have you tried it? What other D.E. products do you swear by?
- Then I layer on Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I love this product because it’s so lightweight but evens out any discoloration or minor blemishes.
- Under my eyes, I use Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer and blend with everyone’s fav, the Beauty Blender.
- For bronzer, I do a few sweeps of Clinique’s True Bronze Pressed Powder across my skin and then top with one of my two favorite blushes.
- For my skin tone, I love using Nars Blush in Orgasm OR…
- Clinique’s Blushing Blush in Precious Posy I think both of these shades work nicely across all skin tones & have the teeniest bit of shimmer in them.
- For eyes I love using Laura Mercier’s Caviar Sticks. If I’ve had a late night out, I use the matte version in Blossom under my bottom lashes instead of eyeliner or if I want drama, I’ll use Amethyst as eyeliner and/or shadow.
- When I do use eyeliner, I use, Maybelline Eye Master Studio Precise Liquid Eyeliner in black. You can grab it at any drug store or Ulta, which is great if you’ve recently remembered you’re out!
- As you guys know, I LOVE lipstick. All different colors and I usually share them here or on insta-stories. But lately, my go to red has been Nudestix in Royal. I am obsessed with the color and wear. If you’re on the fence about buying new lipstick without really trying, you can get this smaller version at Sephora to take it for a test run.
- For nudes, I actually like to wear just the liner pencil of Kylie Jenner’s lipkits. My go to is Candy K with just a teeny bit of clear gloss over it if it starts to feel too dry.
- I also keep this Glossier balm dotcom handy at all times. It’s great if you need a little clear gloss or if you are just in need of chapstick.
- This is the product I get most questions about. Mascara. I LOVE Lancome’s Grandiose Extreme Mascara. Don’t get me wrong, this mascara is THICK. The first time I used it, it felt almost like tar coming out of the tube however it goes on perfectly and stays put. I have a hard time because I have longer lashes and they sometimes rub against my skin and leave marks under my eyes and by my eyebrows. This mascara stays put and really makes your lashes pop, they look so long and full every time I use it.
- If I end up adding highlight, I use Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm for shimmer on my cheekbones & brow bone & cupid’s bow.
What favorite beauty products do you swear by? I’d love to know what you guys love for highlighter and even under eye concealer! Send me all your recommendations!
Hi dolls! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I spent mine in Clemson, SC tailgating and cheering on the tigers to victory. Have y’all ever tailgated in the south? It’s fantastic – they pull out all the stops, not to mention their team spirit is unrivaled.
Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorite skincare must-haves. I get a lot of questions on this topic so I wanted to share a few items I always keep stocked in my bathroom drawer. This particular list includes easily accessible products that won’t break your bank. Though I thoroughly believe there are a few products one should splurge on- these are sure to give you zero buyers remorse.
*Products listed in a clockwise manner and are available at either Target or Sephora
- Neutrogena Make Up Wipes – I love traveling with these! Perfect for removing eye makeup remnants after you’ve washed your face. Or if you can’t wash your face at all.
- EOS Shaving Cream – The lavender jasmine scent is heavenly and this thicker cream won’t dry out your legs and leaves your skin silky smooth.
- Aveda Green Science Eye Firming Creme – you won’t have to worry about lines with this eye firming creme AND you don’t have to worry about avoiding your eye lids- contrary to most eye creams, it won’t darken your skin!
- Frank’s Body Scrub/ Lip Scrub – I know I’ve mentioned Frank’s before but this staple is always in my drawer. I don’t use it all the time but my skin is noticeably softer when I do. The lip scrub is perfect especially when you want to wear a statement lipstick.. you have no time for dry skin.
- OGX Biotin & Collagen conditioner – Okay, this isn’t skincare but I felt it was important enough to include. It’s so important to give your hair a break. When I’m not drying/ curling/ straightening, I use a good amount of this on my hair and let it breathe. Feels like silk.
- Clarisonic Mia – this is the most expensive item on this list but at $100, I feel it’s essential- I use it every day! The first time you use it, you’ll understand why I’m so obsessed. My skin has never felt cleaner. It’s gross to think about but there’s a lot of dirt that normal face washing doesn’t remove. Trust me on this. If you don’t already have one- stick it on your Christmas list.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub – this is my favorite cleanser/ scrub to use with my Clarisonic. This scrub is a gentle exfoliator sure to remove any dry skin without leaving your skin raw.
- Sugar Lip Polish from Fresh – another great lip scrub and if you’re not a coffee fan, choose this one over Frank’s
- Burt’s Bees – I swear by this lip balm. I always have a tube in my purse, on my nightstand, etc.
- Sephora Eye Masks – these masks are ideal for early mornings after a late night. When you’re feeling puffy and have dark circles, these masks will leave you looking like you’ve had a full night of beauty rest
- Glam Glow – move over Biore Strips, Glam Glow is the new kid in town. This mask dries to visibly show vacuumed spots and once you feel it off- say goodbye to any impurities!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – yes, my moisturizer is from the drug store but I love it! I have used this for years and my combination skin never feels too dry or oily.
What are some of your must-have products?
Just as a little heads up, I’m currently in the process of giving the blog a bit of makeover! I can’t wait launch- stay tuned 🙂
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? We finally had some beautiful weather on the East Coast and spent most of Saturday outside which was truly fantastic- I am so ready for summer. Today I’m sharing some manicure tips because I always get asked where I get my nails done and to be honest, 99% of the time, I do it myself. It zens me out on Sunday nights and frankly, nothing is more frustrating than paying for a bad manicure that chips two days later.
- Start Fresh. I like to use a nail polish remover with a strengthener in it. This helps keep nails strong and minimizes breakage.
- File & Cut. File nails to desired length and shape. I always push back and trim my cuticles, too. If you’re nervous about trimming your cuticles, soak your finger tips in warm water and you’ll be able to see the dead skin surrounding the base of your nail.
- Buff. If your nails seem uneven or a little flaky, gently use a buffer like the yellow one pictured above. Caution: the more you buff your nails, you are essentially thinning them out. Unless you have grooves you need to remove, I don’t do this step as often.
- Wash. At this point, you’ve used nail polish remover, filed your nails and cut cuticles. Wash & dry your hands to remove any nail dust or remaining nail polish remover.
- All About That Base. I swear by using Seche Vite, top and base coat. Early in college, I had a manicurist who swore by it and I’ve been using it ever since. Using a base coat helps even out the color on your nail as well as helps out if you decide to remove the color. (Removing vibrant or deep colors without a base coat is a nightmare!)
- Paint. This is usually where people freak out. Ensure your base coat is dry, go slowly and use minimal brush strokes. The more strokes you use, the more likely it is that you’ll see them when it dries. I never paint all the way to my cuticle – I leave the teeniest, tiniest space and stop the brush a hair’s width away from my cuticle. When the color hits your cuticle, it’s likely to stain the skin and we don’t want that. I never paint more than 2 coats of color; any more than that and it’s likely to get globby. On the last coat of color, I brush polish on the tip of my nail. That is the key to avoiding chipping.
Brand wise, I’m normally a sworn Essie Girl. I love their colors, brush size and the fact that it wears really well. Recently, I’ve been loving JRJ. Their nail polish is formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, formaldehyde resin and camphor FREE. Plus it’s made right here in the U.S.A. and in the great state, my home state, Ohio! The wearability is great and the colors are to die for. Check them out!
- Top It Off. After your color is dry, with the Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat, apply a thin coat to the nail and the tip of the nail to seal in the color. This stuff dries SO quickly but I always advise giving yourself a little time because even though it’s dry, your nails are still vulnerable to bumps or heavy pressure. And nothing is more annoying than messing up the manicure you just worked so hard on.
After a few trial runs, you’ll be able to whiz through this process in 20 minutes like a pro.
To make your mani last longer, be sure to moisturize your hands, especially your cuticles. Also, if you’re washing dishes or using cleaning products, throw on some rubber gloves.
Happy Monday, babes!
Did you all have good weekends? Mine was very relaxing and I’m looking forward to a ski trip this coming weekend in New York. I wanted to share a product with all of you that I tried out yesterday… it’s also my newest obsession: Frank Body Coffee Scrub.
I tried out the original coffee body scrub and lip scrub and my skin has been rejoicing ever since. I have to admit, I don’t drink coffee or really even enjoy the smell but the scrub scent isn’t overpowering. After you rinse off in the shower, apply the scrub onto your skin. As with all exfoliants, you can scrub as hard or as soft as you like. Once rubbed on, let the scrub sit for 10 minutes or so and rinse. Depending on your skin type, you may want to rinse with a light body wash. The coffee gives off a beautiful glow and leaves your skin silky smooth. I can’t say enough good things about this scrub and at $15 it’s an amazing deal.
Alright babes, that’s all for today. May your Monday be short & your coffee be strong!