I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I’m not super great with makeup. I don’t normally wear a ton and have worn significantly less in this zoom era. Really, since Covid started and over the summer, my main focus has been just taking really great care of my skin but recently I popped into Sephora to grab a new items for my makeup bag. Here’s what I got:
- Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint – I made it to 32 without wearing foundation. I’ve just never liked the way it felt on my skin; too heavy. I had heard really good things about Ilia, the fact that it’s more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation and decided to give it a try. The recommendations were 100% accurate! It’s light on the skin and light coverage with a natural finish. Highly recommend.
- Gucci Bloom – First of all, I am a sucker for pretty packaging. So that got me off the bat. I always keep a travel size perfume in my every day bag kit. Along with a phone charger, Emergen-C, bandaids, etc, keeping a small perfume is perfect when you need a little refresh. This one in particular is a roller ball (versus a spray) which I like because it can be easily applied while traveling (on a plane/train) without being invasive & accidentally spraying the person next to you.
- IT Cosmetics No Tug in Silk Armour – This one was actually my mom’s find. It came in a bundle she recently purchased so I gave it a try last time I was home. It’s the perfect subtle shimmer and I even use a bit on my under lid (before mascara) which really perks up the eye & gives off a “I’m very well rested” glow.
- Lancome Dèfinicils Mascara – I can also attribute this one to my mom. She’s been a Lancome loyalist since before I even started wearing makeup. This mascara in particular too. Since I haven’t been wear a ton of makeup lately, I noticed the old mascaras in my makeup bag were a little chunky and likely far past their lifespan so off they went. This is a tried a true mascara which I’m glad I rediscovered.
- Fall Nail Colors – My nails usually abide by two seasons: summer & winter. Therefore to say I go from my normal ‘Ballet Slippers‘ straight to a very dark shade like “Wicked‘ or ‘Carry On’. I’m trying to incorporate some new fall shades into rotation so I grabbed these two last time I was at the drugstore: ‘In Stitches‘ (which I’ve worn the past week as you can tell from the spots on the cap) and ‘Bed Rock & Roll.’
- H.A. Intensifier – Not necessarily makeup but consistent usage of this product has made my skin visibly hydrated, which is always better for application especially paired with the Ilia Super Serum.
What products are you loving? And what’s new in your makeup bag?