< whoops, don’t overfill your waffle iron, kids LOL >
Have you noticed a trend here? The breakfast recipes are plentiful; it’s easily my favorite meal. To be honest, I don’t normally order waffles when I go out to breakfast or brunch because I like to make my own, and frankly, I’ve never met one of those waffles I didn’t like! 🙂 This recipe is quick, easy and really delicious. The kicker for me is the mini waffle maker. I get infinite questions about it and yes, you do need it- it’s under $10! I have a regular one but you can even get one so one side of your waffle is a pretty flower!
What You’ll Need:
1 ¾ cups buttermilk
1 stick butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon each white and dark brown sugars
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
nonstick cooking spray
The How To:
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a large bowl.
- In another bowl stir dry ingredients together, then add to egg mixture and whisk just until smooth. Let batter rest briefly.
- Heat a waffle iron and butter lightly or spray with nonstick cooking spray (even if your waffle iron says it’s nonstick).
- Ladle batter onto iron, close, and cook just until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!