I cook in a similar fashion to the way Bob Ross painted: happy accidents. Every once in a while I make something that is truly delicious even when I didn’t have high expectations. After a trip to the farmer’s market last weekend, I grabbed some zucchini and cherry tomatoes- truthfully unsure how I’d incorporate them into breakfast. I started chopping the veggies and mixing the eggs and ended up with a super easy, delicious veggie-packed breakfast. The great news is, you can totally use this as a way to get more veggies in your diet every day and reduce food waste (leftover veggies you didn’t finish during the week? Hello!) You could switch up the veggies but here’s my initial recipe…
What You’ll Need:
cherry tomatoes, halved
2 small cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a little more for topping
salt & pepper (or this blend – a staple in my kitchen)
The How To:
- Preheat your over to 350° and lightly coat a square glass pyrex with cooking spray.
- Dice your zucchini and halve your cherry tomatoes and place them into the dish.
- In a bowl, whisk your eggs, garlic, parmesan together. Add salt and pepper to taste (or the Jane’s Seasoning).
- Pour the egg mixture over top of your veggies.
- Place in oven to bake for approximately 45 minutes. Make sure there’s no jiggle to the egg mixture, the edges should be slightly browned.
- Once removed from oven, let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- Once pieces are cut, grate the remaining parmesan over the individual pieces prior to serving.