Ah yes.. Mondays. As much as I usually force myself to attempt to be pleasant (reads quote about how you determine how your day goes- which is totally true) sometimes I’m just bummed the weekend is over. I love my job but sometimes, especially on Mondays, I can’t help but think I just need one extra day to get myself ready for the week. Here are a few practices I’ve added to my Monday morning regimen that make Mondays a little more bearable!
- Bright lipstick on a Monday morning. For me, lipstick has always felt like the extra oomph to pull an outfit together and on a Monday, it’s a little extra something to brighten the morning. I also recently read that Emily Schuman also practices this as well- so it’s got to help!
- Create a morning pick-me-up. For example, instead of tea or coffee at the office, I’ll give myself a little extra time and pick up a flat white or latte to drink on my commute. It eases the pains of traffic
- Pick out your clothes the night before. If you plan for the entire week, you’re waaay ahead of everyone else, but at least pick out what you’re planning to wear on Sunday night. That will prevent you from standing at your closet doors at 8:30 in a panic.
- Make plans. It’s nice to get through the day with something to look forward to. For me, it’s ballet class after work. A great way to get a workout in and do something I enjoy. It can also be as simple as planning to unwind and catch up on something stashed in your DVR.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before. We all know 6-8 hours is optimal and sometimes it’s just not attainable! However, if you can pick one night to prioritize sleep- make sure it’s Sunday so you’re ready to hit the ground running by morning.
- Enhance your commute. Do you drive or train to work? Pick a podcast or pump-up playlist to wake you up & stimulate your brain. You can also find a playlist to listen to at work, too. It’s proven that listening to music can increase productivity.
- Have everything prepped. Don’t wait until Monday morning to pack your lunch, get your work bag together, etc. That is just asking for frustration. Make a list on Sunday of tasks you need to accomplish to alleviate stress from your Monday morning and get them done the night before.
- Eat breakfast. Seriously. We’ve all heard it’s the most important meal of the day but Mondays + hanger do not mix. So make sure you get a punch of protein in the morning to get yourself going!
What do you do to make sure you kick off the week with ease?
May your coffee be strong & your Monday be short! xo