Happy Monday!! I’m currently traveling back from my INCREDIBLE bachelorette in Niagara on the Lake, Canada. We had the best time and I honestly don’t think I’ll come down from cloud 9 anytime soon. More to come on that in another post soon, but by popular demand, last week I baked the most delish cookies and posted them on the ‘gram. I got so many messages asking for the recipe so of course I wanted to share…these cookies use two of my favorite fruits: lemons & blueberries!
They are so light & fluffy that many people have even asked me if these are muffin tops. A huge hit for your summer BBQ’s and get-togethers or you know, a regular Monday night..
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
What You’ll Need:
3 1/4 cups cake flour (you can use all purpose too, just run it through a sifter and use 3 cups + TBSP)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups blueberries
zest of one lemon
The How To:
1. Preheat oven to 350. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter.
4. Once the dough is mixed, add lemon juice and zest and mix. Then carefully fold in blueberries.
5. Allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight. * this is super important! otherwise your cookies will look more like pancakes (aka what happened to me the first time around)
6. Use a small scoop & place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden brown (the edges should not brown)
7. Allow to cool and enjoy!