Finally! Thursday! I don’t know about you guys but I am SO ready for the weekend. After having a bug for the last ten days- I am finally feeling back like my regular, healthy self.
When I started to get sick, I stopped into my neighborhood Le Pain Quotidien and ordered their hot Honey Lemon Ginger. It was the perfect warm up from the chilly winter air and immediately soothed the tickle in my throat; it’s no secret that the three ingredients are packed full of health benefits. Fully knowing I wouldn’t be able to sustain my obsession, I attempted to make it at home… at it worked! It should be noted that I never really measure anything but just ballpark it, you can always even out the flavor once you try it.
1 cup water
knob of fresh ginger, about an inch depending on how prominent you want the flavor
1. Peel & slice ginger, about ¼ inch pieces.
2. Add the water, honey and ginger to the pot.
3. Juice ½ the lemon into the pot (reserve the other half in case you like it more lemon-y).
4. Heat over very low heat for 5-10 minutes, covered, so it’s barely simmering.
5. Strain liquid and add fresh lemon slice into cup & enjoy!