Last night was one of those “aHA” moments. After work, I stopped at the market to pick up a few things. I was quickly distracted by the fresh mozzarella being made and thought a little breakfast pizza (yes, for dinner) would be the way to go. Little did I know that this would be the most delish dish I’ve ever made as I ran through the store grabbing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. If you like breakfast food (who doesn’t) & pizza (who doesn’t) you guys will love this.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Pizza
(obviously using my favorite cutting board!)
What You’ll Need:
Stonefire Tandoori Naan in original (they come in packs of 2 if you want to double the recipe)
grated parmesan cheese
3 strips of bacon
fresh mozzarella (shredded would work, too!)
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped green onion
The How To:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400F and fry bacon in large saute pan until crisp. Once ready, chop or break into pieces. Tip: When pan frying bacon, I usually like to let them cool on some paper towels to get all the grease off.
2. Place naan bread on a baking sheet with the bubble side up… place slices of fresh mozzarella on the naan and cover with freshly grated parmesan and cooked bacon
3. Crack the eggs on the pizza. Tip: the eggs will run a bit so crack them toward the center of the pizza and they’ll spread out on their own.
4. Bake for 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the yolks are cooked.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives, green onion and arugula.
I love this because it was so quick and easy and would be great for brunch with friends (or your regular Tuesday night dinner !)