My obsession with agua fresca began at a small restaurant I used to frequent in Pittsburgh. They make incredible agua fresca and as soon as I tried it, I knew I wanted to make some of my own. Unsure where to begin, I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, Seriously Delish. (Follow the author, Jessica Merchant, on her blog, How Sweet Eats– I’m hooked!) This agua fresco is amazing and perfect for summer if you’re in the mood for refreshing drink.
What you’ll need:
– 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
– a big handful of fresh basil
– 1 1/2 cups of water
– 3 limes
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– fresh mint for garnish
The How To:
1. Add cantaloupe and half the bunch of basil into a blender and blend until completely pureed.
2. Pour the mixture through a fine- mesh strainer and use a spoon to press all the juice out of the pulp.
3. Combine cantaloupe juice, remaining basil leaves, water, lime juice and sugar into a large pitcher and stir.
4. Chill the mixture for about an hour or so.
5. Pour over ice and garnish with mint or basil.
Brilliant content. Just what I ended up being researching for!
All the best,
Look at our new release with type in google lepsoft SEO