Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had lovely weekends. I did a lot of celebrating so I’m ready for a bit of a reset. This broccoli cheese spaghetti squash tastes delicious but is pretty much guilt free and vegan (well, except for the cheese!)
1 2 1/2 to 3 pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch broccolini (or broccoli), chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons water
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
The How To:
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
2. Place halved squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish. Add two tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccolini (or broccoli) and garlic, stirring frequently for 2 minutes. Add water and cook, stirring under broccoli is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer into large bowl.
4. Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the bowl. Place shells on a baking sheet. Stir 3/4 cup of mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the squash mixture. Divide the mixture between the shells and top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake on lower racks for 10 minutes. Move to upper rack and turn the broiler to high and broil, only about 2 minutes.