Happy Monday! Today I’ll be sharing this wonderful vegan soup recipe that I whipped up on a whim yesterday and cannot wait to make again.
Italian White Bean Basil Soup
What You’ll Need:
7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup dry long grain brown rice
6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
4 large garlic cloves, minced (a heaping tablespoon)
3 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt (1 1/2 teapsoons) and pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
2 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
The How To:
1. In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup of the veg broth to boil. Add rice and reduce heat for 20 minutes (once completed, place off to side for later use.)
2. While your rice is cooking, chop up your vegetables.
3. In a large soup pot, add 6 cups of veg broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Now add tomatoes and allow to cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
5. Finally add basil, beans and cooked rice. Stir and bring back to a roaring boil and allow to cook on high for 5-10 minutes.
This soup made my apartment smell incredible while simmering on my stove and tasted even better. Best when made with fresh ingredients, I promise it will not disappoint.