Happy Friday and Happy Halloween! I don’t know about you guys but I’m still vibing off the energy downtown from the Cavs game last night. This video is only a ounce of the excitement but it really gets my adrenaline going. I love this city.
Ok, back to business. Have you ever been in a pinch for dessert after a well thought out dinner? Or volunteered to bring dessert only to realize cookies and brownies are the only desserts in your arsenal? Fear no more. This apple galette is simple, looks gourmet and is so delish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 Tbsp butter
1 prepared pie crust (at room temperature)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Peel and thinly slice the apples.
2. Place the apples slices in a large bowl and add lemon juice, Splenda, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. Allow the apples to marinate while you chop almonds and prepare the pie crust.
4. Grease cookie sheet (or use nonstick) and roll out pie crust.
5. Fan out apple slices in a single layer leaving about half an inch at the edge and sprinkle with almond pieces.
6. Pinch edges to form a crust to keep the juices from running out.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are softened.
8. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
*cranberries or raisins are a good addition, just microwave in a small amount of water for 30 seconds to rehydrate!
I hope you all enjoy it! Have a great weekend!