Sometimes a girl just needs to indulge. The perfect way to do that without killing your bank account? A chocolate chip cookie. I was in the mood to bake and wanted to try something new. Instead of making large cookies, I decided to try a new recipe and make the cookies much smaller; two bites worth. This new recipe includes a tiny bit of cream cheese and wow, it makes a great difference!
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
semi-sweet chocolate chips (for me, I prefer to add less than normal because I don’t prefer my cookies too chocolatey)
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, vanilla, and mix either with a standalone mixer or handheld.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll dough into small balls and lightly flatten with your hands then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Do not bake right away, the dough will not set correctly.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake on a nonstick cookie sheet for 8-9 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.