This week I finally remembered to pick up chia seeds while at the grocery. I’ve read about chia pudding online and different recipes so I decided to try it for myself. I am seriously hooked! A little sweet, filling and perfect for breakfast on a warm day.
I made my chia pudding with:
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
Mix in a container with a lid and refrigerate over night (or about 8 hours). Mix in berries, honey or even a drop of vanilla extract and enjoy.
Chia seeds have infinite benefits, in just one ounce there are:
- 11 grams of Fiber
- 4 grams of Protein
- 9 grams of fat (5 of which are Omega-3s)
- 18% of the RDA of Calcium
- 30% of the RDA of Manganese
- 30% of the RDA of Magnesium
- 27% of the RDA of Phosphorus
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2
A definite try for the weekend!