This may come as a shock to many of you but this weekend I’m going
camping glamping. Glammed up camping. Here are a few items that I’ll be taking on our adventure:
1. I love the opportunity to let my face go au naturale but don’t like to completely abandon my skin care regimen. These Say Yes to Cucumber face wipes are great to remove any dirt and oil while keeping your skin hydrated. Perfect for glamping because they’re convenient and can be used at any time.
2. I’ve said it before but I love my Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer. With SPF of course!
3. On our glamping trip, we’ll be spending the majority of our time in the boat basking in the sun. I protect my skin with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen because it doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily after application.
4. I have BIG hair. I mean, untamed, its big, curly and crazy. I always pack Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. Going au naturale doesn’t mean someone has to mistake you for the Yeti. This spray keeps my hair tame and adds some beachy waves after a long day of boating.
5. Sunnies and Croakies. I have seen too many friends’ sunglasses plummet into the water as we speed away. My Southern Tide croakies ensure my Ray Bans won’t sail away into the abyss.
6. I’m sure the weekend will provide some festive opportunities, perfect for my Lilly Pulitzer Drink Hugger (and a little bubbly too!)
7. I find it easiest to pre-pack a boat bag. That way I’m not rummaging around in my bag looking for my towel, sunscreen, koozie, etc. I love this Lilly Pulitzer Market Bag (a great personalized birthday gift) because not only is it environmentally friendly, if it gets a little water on it, it won’t be ruined.
I know there are two items left you’re probably wondering what they’re doing there…
8. Sage. Throw it on the fire at night to create a natural mosquito repellant!
9. Lavender Essential Oil. I get mine at Whole Foods and create a spider repellant. Mixed with a little detergent and water in a spray bottle (mixed before departure) I spray around the tent and area we will be. Spiders are repelled by by certain scents and lavender is one of them. You can always use Tea Tree, Citronella, Peppermint, Cinnamon, or Citrus. I enjoy lavender because I love the aroma and it’s calming.
I’ll update you all on my glamping adventure as soon we return! Have a great weekend!