To be honest, I contemplated even writing this post because I know that BuzzFeed isn’t the only one publishing clever lists about turning 25; BUT I feel as if this is some sort of blogger’s rite of passage on this milestone of a birthday so here I go…. These “life lessons” may seem trite, but these are tidbits I have genuinely and spontaneously learned.
25 things I’ve learned by Twenty F!ve
1. You’re only as good as your word, so be impeccable with it.
2. What can go wrong, probably will…therefore be prepared. Even if it’s just mentally.
3. SO many problems can be solved by opening a bottle of champagne and giggling with your girlfriends. (adding cheese helps too)
4. If people want to stay in your life, they will. No excuses.
5. Being kind is one of the greatest traits someone can possess.
6. Life is full of highs and lows; getting through the lows is where you’ll grow the most.
7. Happiness is most real when shared.
8. You are most like the people you spend the most time with, so choose wisely.
9. There isn’t a template for life. Just because someone is at a different chapter than you does not make your job searching, unmarried chapter any less important.
10. If you’re not having fun at work—you’re not doing it right. They say “doing what you love” for reason. Find your passion.
11. Living by yourself is something everyone should do at some point in life.
12. Love can only live in a loving place.
13. Sometimes it’s okay to forgo the salad/kale smoothie/insert healthy food and order the pizza…
14. “All great changes are preceded by chaos” – Deepak Chopra
15. Pushing yourself outside your comfort zone can lead you to something even greater.
16. Sometimes it’s okay to be stressed. Sometimes it’s easier to just let it go. Find the balance.
17. Your life will be infinitely better if you stop caring what everyone thinks. A lion does not concern herself with the opinions of sheep.
18. It’s okay to say “no.” This goes with the thought that you can do anything, just not always everything (at the same time).
19. You don’t know everything, so ask for help!
20. When was the last time you did something new? If it takes longer than 20 seconds to answer, then it’s been too long.
21. When you hold a grudge, you’re only hurting yourself.
22. Cherish the time you have to work out and take care of your body.
23. Like being a lady or being powerful, if you have to tell everyone you are, you probably aren’t.
24. It’s okay to say “YOLO”…in your head… definitely not aloud.
25. And perhaps one of my favorites: