With sunny days and warmer nights right around the corner, I’m getting all my favorite summer essentials together…
- Essie Nail Polish (in Enuf is Enuf) A fun creamy coral that really pops–especially with a tan!
- Sunscreen. Even though I’ve never had a sunburn (knock on wood) I still use sunscreen because I know enough about the damage sun can have on your skin. Please, please don’t forget to lather on some sunscreen when spending time outside this summer. Everyone loves a good tan but it’s important to remember to be safe from harmful rays.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm. The sun can reek havoc on lips and I always make sure I have some on me at all times to keep my lips hydrated.
- Sunglasses. A good pair of sunnies are not only a great accessory but you’re preventing your eyes from sun damage and squinting (prevent those wrinkles, too!) These are Kate Spade Johanna’s just in different colors.
- Maybelline Sensational Lipcolor in Coral Crush. I’m usually either a red or deep pink girl, so this color is a little out of my normal color comfort zone but I love pairing it with all my bright summer ensembles.
- Hair Ties. During the summer, between the heat and humidity, my hair doesn’t always make it until the end of the day. These are hurt free hair ties and it doesn’t hurt that they’re pretty cute too.
- Aveeno Positively Radient Moisturizer. This moisturizer is great year round but skin always seems to change throughout the year and this lotion keeps my skin moisturized but never greasy. Plus, a built in SPF.
- A fun clutch. I’ve had my eye on this Kate Spade bag for a while now because it was out a few seasons ago and I missed my chance. A few days ago, it was on the Kate Spade surprise sale and I just couldn’t resist. Especially because I love a good bacon, egg, and cheese….and a good margarita.
And last but not least, I can’t forget a good pool/beach read. After reading far too much academic material during my thesis writing process—I needed something silly, girly and totally lighthearted.
What are some of your summer essentials?