Whether you’ve been over indulging on the weekends or just looking to be healthier overall, a great way to “restart” is finding ways to detox. Whenever I hear the word I used to immediately assume it meant starving yourself and drinking a witch-like concoction, something with cayenne pepper, lemon and like..dead man’s toe (Hocus Pocus, anyone?) But there are actually many ways to detox your body that aren’t heinous.
1. Oil Pulls. I use organic, unrefined coconut oil. It is best to aim for 20-25 minutes but it’s definitely a different feeling so it may take some getting used to. If you can start by pulling for 15 minutes, your body will start to release the toxins. Make sure to spit the oil (never swallow) into the trash because it can clog a sink once it hardens again.
2. Fermented Foods. Foods such as such as yogurt, kefir, kimchi and kombucha are full of healthy and full of probiotics. that help your gut! Probiotics strengthen your insides so if you should happen to eat something that’s spoiled, it will be able to defend itself.
3. Detox Bath. Add epsom salt and lavender to a bath. Just make sure to drink lots of water afterward!
4. Dry Skin Brush. I personally have yet to try it but from what I’ve read it has a lot of positive qualities. Brush before a shower in circular motions toward your heart. Click here for more on dry brushing from Mimosa Saturday.
5. Keep Moving. Incorporating at least 30 minutes of activity into your day is essential especially if you sit at a desk for the most of the day.
6. Teas. Okay, there are drinks that are helpful in detoxing. I like this tea because it’s simpler than some of the the others.
7. Fruits and Veggies. Duh!
8. Hydrate. Again…duh! Water has a plethora of benefits. Look what it did for this woman!
9. De- clutter. Keeping your space organized is proven to lessen stress.
10. Purify Your Space Naturally. Adding an air purifying plant to your home is a great way to combat pollutants especially in the winter months when our doors and windows are locked up tight. You can choose from aloe vera, rubber plant, peace lily, bamboo, golden pothos and rubber plant.
[Image via Pinterest]