A while ago, I wrote about my lavender spider repellent that I took on my glamping trip . But the truth is, I love using my lavender essential oil for many different reasons. Here are just a few:
1. Breakouts. A drop of lavender essential oil on breakouts should speed up healing.
2. Migrane Headaches. Mix a few drops of the lavender oil with 1 tsp. coconut oil and rub it near the source of the pain.
3. Natural Air Freshener. Mix 20-30 drops of lavender oil into a spray bottle of water and mist. If you’re lucky enough to find fresh lavender, keep it in a vase for a beautiful way to create a soothing aroma.
4. Insomnia. A few drops of lavender oil on a tissue in your pillow case will ease stress and anxiety allowing you to fall to sleep.
5. Hair growth and dandruff. Eight drops of lavender oil mixed with a teaspoon of coconut oil will stimulate hair growth if rubbed on your scalp.
6. Bug Bites. Applying a few drops will reduce swelling and pain for pesky bug bites.
7. Favor Enhancer. Add a few drops in your cooking and baking to get a floral aroma. Also in teas, jams and honey.
8. Nausea. Inhaling lavender essential oil can ward off motion sickness, nausea and anxiety.
9. Sunburn. Coconut oil and lavender mixed can be used to soothe an ouchy sunburn. ** Note: never apply lavender oil to skin before going in the sun.
10. Foot soak. Mix warm water, 1 cup of epsom salt and 10-15 drops of lavender oil to create the perfect foot soak. Soak your feet for 15 minutes to remove toxins.